Making money online
People are always on the look-out for ways to make money on the internet – big and small – the amount of money, that is. It simply depends on the amount of time you are willing to spend to achieve your goal. Today, I would like to look at the possibility of doing this using the Amazon MechanicalTurk platform.
My Review On Amazon MechanicalTurk
Product: Amazon Mechanical Turk or Amazon MTurk (for short)
Price: FREE account creation
Owner: Amazon Group
According to Wikipedia, “Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) is a crowdsourcing Internet marketplace enabling individuals and businesses (known as Requesters) to co-ordinate the use of human intelligence to perform tasks that computers are currently unable to do.”
Basically, it is a platform where buyers and sellers get together to find that happy medium. The jobs are called HITS – human intelligence tasks. These jobs are created by requesters who will pay accordingly. I must say that the pay is not much, to begin, a few cents. However, I was made to understand that if you stick to it with some amount of consistency, your rate will change accordingly.
I created an account about a month ago and I have a few dollars – not enough for me to quit my day job, but enough to buy me a cup of coffee while I work on more Hits.
As with anything in life, there are plusses and minuses to help you make an informed decision. I will outline them below.
- it is a free account, so there is no cost to create an account
- it is immediate, there is no requirement per se other than a computer, a working internet connection, and some free time
- there are always A LOT of Hits available to you to accept or skip
- you can withdraw your earnings without a limit or any other problems
- there is no minimum or maximum to working on Hits
- Amazon is a reputed company and is highly credible
- you can accept Hits anytime – day or night
- I find that the pricing is low to start and can almost be de-motivating – you just have to think of it as an investment and a start to build more remuneration
- once you start, the higher paying Hits are only possible after you have done a certain percentage of Hits
- it is time-consuming depending on the type of Hits you choose to accept
WHO IT IS FOR
Mturk is for ANYONE who has the desire and the patience to make money doing little things with a mindset to increased earnings. It can be for the average housewife or student as well as the advanced internet pro who has some down time on his ‘fingers’!
There is no training required to get started. What you need is a computer or handheld device with which you can access the internet, as well as an internet connection. You need some patience as well and some time to invest in this project.
I should also point out that there are a few Hits which need specific qualifications – no worries though, these qualifications can be earned by doing little in-house tests to that effect.
There is support in the form of archived FAQ and you can contact support via email.
There is no cost associated with creating an account and to start completing the Hits. Creating an account is FREE. It is also very easy if you are already an Amazon Affiliate Associate.
MY FINAL OPINION
If you have some free time on your hands and lots of patience, along with the desire to make each cent build itself up to many dollars, then I suggest that you give Mturk a try. I am still experimenting with the concept. I am not discouraged by the small payments for now. I realize that it will take some time to build up ‘credibility’ in doing small tasks before I can graduate to ‘greater things’ and more monetary incentive.
In my country, there is a saying, ‘One one coco full basket!’ What this means is quite simple – every little bit helps!
SO, give it a try and I welcome your feedback.