So, you have been around the block, been there, done that, and still…not happy in the chosen field. Could agriculture be your passion? It is surely something different and maybe very much outside the box for you, however, take a look at the possibility that this contributed article has to say about agriculture and the options available as a career choice.
Interested In Agriculture? Find The Field That Captures You!
When you picture what you want to do for a living, how does it make you feel?
If you are feeling anything less than fully motivated and excited, put your idea in the bin. You could believe that a career in law is the best thing for you because the money is great, but are you really cut out for stuffy suits and long hours in meetings?
Probably not, and that’s why you should think about agriculture.
When you think about a career in agriculture, sweeping farmland and tractors can swing into view, but that’s not all agriculture is about. There is so much more to offer than feeding ducks and mucking out horses. Agricultural work can be highly stressful and some careers are as high-powered and intensive as any law office in the land.
There are so many career options, from dealing with rising grain prices as a merchandiser to dealing with technology as an agricultural engineer. If you are trying to decide where you would fit yourself into the world of agriculture, then you need to check out this list below and pick a career – flip a coin if you must – but get interested!
- Working in the great outdoors and being hands-on with livestock and grain is an absolute possibility in this industry. Farm hands are the heart of agriculture and it’s going to really depend on the type of farm you are working on as to what you would be doing. For example, a pig farmer is going to have far different tasks than a wheat farmer.
- Working in a lab and conducting interesting studies to improve methods of production is the job of an agricultural scientist. Creating environmentally friendly pesticides and chemicals are also in this area, as is the research of pesticides on crops. Scientists are always working to make improvements, so if you want to change the world one research project at a time, this is for you.
- Focusing on the technological and mechanical side of farming, engineers are always looking out for ways to design, develop and improve machinery and agricultural vehicles. You can be in a lab or in the field in this job, and it’s definitely one of the hands-on options in this industry.
- Offering guidance and advice to farmers, consultants are experts in the technical and financial side of running any type of farm. They know the changes in the industry as fast as they happen, and they work to improve processes and procedures while staying within the legislation. It’s all about making the most money and improving the environment at the same time.
Agriculture isn’t just about a combine harvester, a tractor, or a roller crimper, it’s about the landscape and is open to people of every academic background. It’s up to you which route you choose to take, but an interest in the outdoor lifestyle and how you can improve it is necessary in this field. So, muck in and take a look!
Would you like to learn how to post on a blog like this one? You can put your thoughts on paper but learning how to build your own blog is something different. If you have the right training it is not that difficult.
When you learn how to build your own blog you get to choose the things that y you write about. You can also use the blog to make extra income. Here is where I learned how to build my own blog and connect with people who helped me along the way. Click Here and see what it is all about!
Images courtesy of Pixabay, Pexels, and Geograph.ie.
Do you know that the more you use your brain, the better it is for you? AND, the more difficult it becomes to get ‘old’? Yup, the brain is really a ‘muscle’, and the more you ‘exercise’ it, the better and stronger it becomes. With that said, let’s see how we can make the brain better.
How about that second career? Ever thought about writing? Or even have someone write for you if you think this would be a better alternative. Well, how about creating your own website? Letting your voice be heard…without actually talking…but using words online. We all have a story within us…what’s yours?
The time is NOW, step out into the world of possibilities…do something different and discover new horizons. It is not difficult and certainly easy when you know the way to do it.
Let me introduce you to Wealthy Affiliate, the place where I learned how to create a website and ‘let my voice be known’. This is where I learned how to create my own blog and connect with people who helped me along the way.
Get your free hobby makeover guide I created to help you get started.
In it, I will tell you:
- how to create your first website and still have 25 FREE ones in addition
- choose a niche
- get a marketing strategy in place
- and of course, the best place to get started – for free – no credit card needed for the 7-day FREE trial membership.
When you learn how to create your own blog, you get to choose the things that you write about. You can also use the blog to make extra income.
Make Another Dream A Reality – Get Your FREE Hobby Makeover Guide TODAY – It is your motivation to make a new start in your life…no matter where you are – geographic location is NEVER a problem either, especially when you live the laptop lifestyle.
2 thoughts to “Could Agriculture Be Your Passion?”
I am so thankful for all the people that have chosen agricultural jobs. The farmers produce all of our food. I am sure it is very hard work, but also rewarding. I could imagine when harvest season comes, you feel a great sense of satisfaction. I have never heard of Agricultural Consultants, sounds like a very interesting job. I appreciate your insightful post on a job profession that is sometimes so overlooked.
Thanks for stopping by.
Yes, so very true, people in agriculture are to be commended, as well as the fact that they work so close to Mother Earth and that in itself is so uplifting. Yes, I lift my hat off to the farmers and their diligence. They have a hard job sometimes – mother nature, the abuse that society sometimes gives to the planet, and so forth.
There are a few agricultural careers out there that are below the radar but oh so important in the role they play. I am glad you enjoyed the article. Come back an visit.